Congratulations on your acceptance to Career and Community Studies (CCS) and welcome to The College of New Jersey!
NJ STATE & TCNJ REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS:
- Pre-Entrance Health Requirement Packet (pdf). This 8-page packet includes instructions and health forms required for TCNJ. Please note that forms and records are submitted online via our health portal, OWL (Online Wellness Link). Do not email, fax, mail or bring your records to TCNJ – they will not be reviewed and will delay the processing of your forms.
- CCS Consent, Waiver & Release Agreement *
* NOTE: This Agreement must be submitted annually by July 15.
(If the Pre-Entrance Health Requirement Packet does not open when you click on the title, you may need to install a pdf reader program on your computer. For a free download of Adobe Reader, click HERE.)
DUE DATE: July 15
CCS students are subject to health requirements as a pre-requisite to attending classes at TCNJ and entering college housing (if applicable). These requirements are mandated by New Jersey state law and The College of New Jersey. Students who have not completed health requirements by the due date will incur registration holds and will not be permitted to enter college housing. Health requirements apply to students living on or off-campus, regardless of how many courses are taken. Students who have a medical contraindication to receiving certain required vaccination can apply (before the due date) for a medical exemption (see Medical Exemption section below).
MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS FROM REQUIRED VACCINATIONS
Students are not required to have any vaccinations that are medically contraindicated. To apply for a medical exemption, the student must provide Student Health Services with a currently-dated letter written and signed by their healthcare provider containing the following information:
- the name of the vaccine that is medically contraindicated,
- the specific period of time that the vaccine is medically contraindicated,
- the reason(s) for the medical contraindication based upon valid medical reasons as enumerated by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). For current ACIP immunization schedules and recommendations, including contraindications, click HERE.
Applications for medical exemptions are reviewed by the Director of Student Health Services and the student will be notified of her decision via TCNJ email. If approved, the student will be exempted from the specific immunization permanently (in the case of a permanent medical condition) or temporarily until such time that the student’s medical condition permits vaccination.
The College of New Jersey may temporarily exclude a student with a medical exemption from vaccination from classes and from participating in college-sponsored activities during a vaccine-preventable disease outbreak or threatened outbreak. The decision to exclude a student with a medical exemption will be made by the College in consultation with the New Jersey Commissioner of Health.