- Physical examinations for nursing, health & exercise science majors, internships, study abroad, graduate school and most jobs.
- TB testing including ordering of the QuantiFERON-TB Gold blood test
- Pre-travel health consultations including malaria prescription and vaccinations such as typhoid and hepatitis A.
- STI screening (males and females) including 15 minute rapid HIV test
- Ear cerumen removal
- Emergency contraception (Plan B One-Step) – available for sale from our receptionist
- Removal of sutures (stitches)
- Free weekday delivery of prescription medicines from Quick Chek Pharmacy.
- Fully federal and state licensed & accredited laboratory for performance of:
- rapid strep tests
- rapid flu tests
- rapid pregnancy tests
- blood glucose
When complex laboratory tests are needed, Student Health Services’ clinicians can collect most samples by venipuncture and send them to Quest Diagnostics or Lab Corp. Students will be billed for these tests by the laboratory. However, Student Health Services is not a “drawing station” for laboratory tests ordered by outside doctors. If you have a prescription for laboratory tests from your doctor, click HERE to find the nearest Quest Diagnostics patient service center; Click HERE to find the nearest Lab Corp patient services’ center. Taxicab information is available at the Information Booth in the Brower Student Center.
What’s not available:
- Care of chronic (long-term), unstable, or complicated health conditions
- Laboratory collection for tests ordered by outside doctors
- Dental services
- Vision care
- Medical treatments (B12 injections, transfusions, infusions, etc) – please make arrangements through your insurance company for the services of a home health care agency who can provide these services in the your home/dorm room. Local listings of home health care agencies include Visiting Nurses of Central New Jersey and Mercer Street Friends.
- Physical therapy
- On-site pharmacy
- Emergency services
- Allergy shots
- Storage or administration of student’s medication